PERSONNEL & ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS (A): The Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms (A) is responsible for seeing that rules and principles relating to services in general are properly followed. The function of the Department is also to advise other Departments in all matters relating to framing of Service Rules and general principals referred to it by other Departments. It is the controlling Department in respect of IAS, MCS, MSS, Steno Grade I (including Senior Grade). The Department is also responsible for matters relating to re-employment policy, contract appointment of retired Government servants in Conduct Rules, Rules and Principals for regulating fixation of seniority and promotion, administrative matters relating to IAS, MCS, MSS etc.
The Department has a vision to improve the service rendered by it to the Government as well as to the public at large.
The Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms (A) is a regulating authority for all the IAS/MCS/MSS and other Class-I Officers serving in the State. It was established in the year 1972 on bifurcation of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department .
Duties of the Public Authority –
1. Matters relating to Joint Cadre Authority.
2. Management and control of Indian Administrative Service.
3. Management and control of Meghalaya Civil Service.
4. Management and control of Meghalaya Secretariat Service.
5. Management and control of Stenographers Grade-I Service.
6. Creation of Class I posts and appointment thereto.
7. Appointment coming within the purview of F.R. 49.
8. Statutory appointments.
9. Re-employment policy and re-employment/contract appointment of retired Government servants.
10. Government Servants Conduct Rules.
11. Grant of Special pay/Additional pay, honoraria and fees to Government servants.
12. State Pay Commission recommendations.
13. Service conditions of Government servants.
14. Rules and Practices for regulating fixation of seniority and promotion.
15. All matters relating to execution of the agreement with the Government of Assam.
16. Advisory functions on Personnel Management.
17. Pensionerary matters of Indian Administrative Service/State Civil Service/Meghalaya Secretariat Service officers and Stenographers Grade-I.
18. Re-organisation of existing Secretariat Departments.
19. Grant of leave to officers mentioned in (17) above.
20. Medical treatment of officers mentioned in (17) above and members of their families.
21. Grant of House Building advance/Motor Car Advance to officers mentioned at (17) above.
22. Compilation of History of Service of officers mentioned at (17) above/Officials Directory.
23. Separation of Records of ACS officers, Secretariat Service Officers and Stenographers Grade-I permanently allocated to this State from Assam.
24. Preparation of Civil List.
25. Review of IAS/MCS/MSS officers and Stenographers Grade-I for compulsory retirement.
26. Review of other State Government employees for compulsory retirement.
27. Maintenance of C.Rs of officers mentioned at (25) above.
28. Departmental proceedings against Officers mentioned at (25) above.
29. Declaration of Assets and Liabilities of Officers mentioned at (25) above.
30. Any other confidential matters relating to Officers mentioned at (25) above.
PERSONNEL & ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS (B): The Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms (B) is the Nodal Department in matters pertaining to Training of Officers within India and abroad. It deals with policy matters relating to procedure in direct recruitment, including policies in reservation of vacancies, promotion, condition of service and disciplinary proceedings, appointments under Regulation 3 (f) of the MPSC (Limitation of Functions). Its services all District & Sub-Divisional Establishments as well as of the Meghalaya Public Service Commission, the Meghalaya Administrative Training Institute and the Governor’s Secretariat.
The Department has a vision to improve the services being rendered by it to the Government as well as to the public at large.
The Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms (B) was established in the year 1976 on bifurcation of Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department .
Duties of the Public Authority –
(a) Departmental proceedings against govt. servants other than members of the I.A.S. , M.C.S. , M.S.S.S. and Stenos Gr.-I
(b) Redressal of govt. servants grievances
(c) Policy on reservation of vacancies
(d) Recruitment procedure
(e) Concession , relaxation in recruitment to posts & services
(f) Appointments under regulation 3(f) of the M.P.S.C. (Limitation of Functions) Regulations and adhoc appointments
(g) Absorption of ministerial staff from Assam / other state Govts. / central govt.
(h) Recognition of Govt. Employees Service Associations
(i) Constitution of District Selection Committees
(j) Departmental Promotion Committee & Departmental Selection Committee
(k) Commissioner of Divisions Establishment.
(l) Governor’s Establishment.
(m)Deputy Commissioners and Sub-Divisional Officers Establishment.
(n) Frames the Combined Service Rules for Ministerial Staff of Directorates & Districts
(o) Services the Secretaries’ Committee Meetings
(p) Training of Officers within India and abroad
(q) Establishment of All India Service Pre-Examination Training Centre
(r) Establishment of Meghalaya Administrative Training Institute.
(s) Conference of Deputy Commissioners & Sub-Divisional Officers
(t) Meghalaya Public Service Commission