Planning Department is the coordinating Department for the implementation of schemes and programmes and plays a pivotal role for the development of the State. The Department is responsible for allocating the development budget to various sectors and also for drawing up guidelines for their implementation.
Planning Department also act as a liaison between the State Government and the Centre on matters relating to programmes and policies to be implemented in the State. It is the Nodal Department on matters relating to the Ministry of DoNER, NEC, Ministry of Tribal Affairs as well as for Externally Aided Projects (EAPs). The Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) is also being administered by Planning Department. The SDG cell is also housed in the Planning Department wherein inputs and co-ordinations are being provided to Government Departments to enable the State to achieve the goals/targets under the SDG framework.
Planning Department also acts as a monitoring agency. Schemes and programmes implemented by the Departments are reviewed from time to time to ensure that they are delivered in a desired manner.
The other offices and establishments which are under the direct control of Planning Department are :
- Planning Administration (in the Secretariat)
- Research Wing (in the Secretariat)
- Meghalaya State Planning Board
- District Planning Office (in District headquarters)
- Directorate of Economics & Statistics
- Science & Technology Cell
- State Council for Science, Technology and Environment
- Meghalaya Basin Development Authority
- Bio Resources Development Centre
Postal Address: Planning Department Government of Meghalaya Secretariat Main Building M.G. Road Shillong – 793001, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org